Traditional Surrogacy is when a woman (the traditional surrogate) carries a child created from the surrogate’s ovum and sperm from the intended father or a sperm donor, with the intention that someone other than herself will parent the child (the intended parents). The traditional surrogate is the genetic mother of the child.
The traditional surrogate becomes pregnant through artificial insemination overseen by a medical professional, sees her own medical care providers for prenatal care, and delivers in her own town.
Traditional surrogacy is considered more risky than gestational surrogacy, and requires extra care. Heart to Hands offers experienced care and specialized attention to all parties choosing traditional surrogacy. This ensures that everyone involved fully understands that creating a family through traditional surrogacy is a lifelong commitment.
The bond that the intended parents and their traditional carrier share is special. In many cases, the intended parents choose traditional surrogacy because they want a deep and loving connection with the woman that created their child. They feel that it is important that their child be able to talk to and know the genetic mother. Because of this, Heart to Hands will help facilitate this connection by encouraging lots of in-person meetings, plenty of communication, counseling for all parties, and frequent support meetings. It is encouraged and expected that the intended parents be at the birth, and that the post-partum period is shared with the traditional surrogate if she wants.
Traditional surrogacy is an incredibly special way to create a family, and Heart to Hands will give you the support and the encouragement to help you build a close and sweet bond that will result in wonderful memories, a beautiful creation story for the child, and a lifelong friendship as well.
Our Traditional Surrogates
Our traditional surrogates are hand picked, and receive the very best support, care and understanding. They go through very thorough screenings before they are approved to the program, must meet all requirements and agree to regular support meetings. We get to know our traditional surrogates very well, and are able to make the best matches possible.
All traditional surrogates that work with Heart to Hands understand the medical expectations of the process, and are 100% committed to helping intended parents become actual parents, and will go the extra mile to make sure it is a great experience.
Our Intended Parents
Heart to Hands intended parents through traditional surrogacy also meet extensive requirements, and go through a thorough getting to know you process. This helps us learn what the needs, expectations and hopes are. Our goal is always to have prepared intended parents that understand the surrogacy process, know what to expect, and that are thrilled to be working with their traditional surrogate.
What you can expect from the Heart to Hands Traditional Surrogacy Program
- Extensive and thorough getting to know you process
- Beautiful and Personal 6- 10 page Intended Parent and Surrogate Profiles (ask to see an example!)
- Matching services
- Background checks of all parties
- Referrals for psychological evaluation of the traditional surrogate and her partner by a qualified mental health care provider that includes an in-person consultation and either the MMPI or the PAI
- Referral for psychological evaluation of intended parents by a qualified mental health care provider
- Referrals to mental health, medical, legal and escrow service providers*
- Coordination of travel, if requested
- In-depth facilitated conversations regarding contract issues
- Compensation Spreadsheet with dates payments are due**
- On-going support through matching, cycling, pregnancy and throughout the journey.
- We will support you for the entire process, from the time you first contact us until the moment the surrogacy is completed.
Additional Services Not Included in Agency Fee, but available as requested:
- Travel Expenses for in-person interview of Surrogate
- In person support for embryo transfer or birth
- Birth plan and preparation
- Doula services
Agency Fee for Domestic Traditional Surrogacy: $27,000
1st Payment due at signing of Services Agreement: $2,000
2nd Payment due at surrogate matching: $12,500
3rd Payment due at signing of Surrogacy Agreement: $12,500
Agency Fee for International Traditional Surrogacy:
Agency fee increases for clients residing outside the United States by $1,000-$5,000. Contact us to learn more about your specific fee. 541.321.0730